2018: Lake Maggiore Getaway 3 Nights (MU)
4 days from Lake Maggiore to Lake Maggiore
Nestled at the foot of the Italian Alps lies the magnificent Lake Maggiore. Extending from Northern Italy into Southern Switzerland, the lake boasts nearly 40 miles of glittering blue water, scenic villages and striking cliffs. With Monograms, a Lake Maggiore getaway is a breeze because we arrange hotel reservations and sightseeing for you, as well as daily breakfast. We even provide you with a Local Host who is available to answer your questions and provide you with suggestions about things to see and do throughout your stay.Your vacation begins the moment you arrive at Lake Maggiore. Your Local Host will greet you with a warm 'Benvenuto' and a set of materials to help get you settled. The next morning, after an included breakfast, set off for sightseeing! Take a short boat ride to the rocky island Isola Bella. Once home to a community of fishermen, this island was transformed in 1630 into a stunning palazzo for Carlo III Borromeo and his wife, Isabella. You'll have time to explore the palace and stroll through the elaborate gardens. The following day is yours to explore. Choose to take an excursion to Isola Madre, join your guide for a walking tour and wine-tasting experience or catch the cable car to Mount Mottarone for breathtaking views of the lake below. In such a picture-perfect destination, it's impossible to go wrong! Don't forget to ask your Local Host for their suggestions.We know that when you vacation, you want a break from your hectic, day-to-day life. That's why we take care of the details. Between the sightseeing and guides we have arranged, the breakfast we've included and the hotel we have booked, you are simply left to enjoy yourself and your Lake Maggiore getaway!
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 4 Days
- Escorted - No
|Day 1||Lake Maggiore||Benvenuto - welcome! Your Local Host is available to help you create lasting memories in this beautiful lakeside resort area.|
|Day 2||Lake Maggiore||On your morning guided sightseeing, take a short boat ride to the opulent PALACE and monumental GARDENS of ISOLA BELLA. Once a rocky island, and home to a community of fishermen, it was transformed by Carlo III Borromeo and named after his wife Isabella.|
|Day 3||Lake Maggiore||Today you may wish to catch the cable car to Mount Mottarone for amazing views or visit the curious Umbrella Museum in Gignese. Your Local Host will have many suggestions.|
|Day 4||Lake Maggiore||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Milan Malpensa).|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).